Matrix efect rig

Ariel Velez

Hi, I need to make the matrix effect, I will do with a semi circle rig and many cameras.

my questions are:

There is a modern way of doing this?

do you know how to calculate the number of cameras according to the circle?

does anyone knows about any rig that already exists?

Thanks

Hi, I need to make the matrix effect, I will do with a semi circle rig and many cameras.

my questions are:

There is a modern way of doing this?

Tripods

..stands if they're cheaper to get, or if you have access to the right people a big ol' bit of bent metal held up by three big stands - truss - jeez, whatever!

many variables, arc length, the curve (is it a true arc?), the amount of cameras, the weight of the cameras, are they equally spaced etc...

do you know how to calculate the number of cameras according to the circle?

Yes, but ... well, asking this betrays your understanding of the effect in the first place... (or is that a little too curmudgeon of me to suggest? ha ha, i haven't even done it ! Although I have done strobe lighting effects with a curve following rig). Anyways, what I mean to say is that although it is tricky, there are no tricks when it comes to rigging it - just do what you can with what you've got. You can have as many as you like really, I guess the more the better for options after the fact, but if you knew the motion you wanted the camera to take then you could place the cameras exactly where you wanted the frames to be. But then a bit of blending between frames can help smooth things, and how complex you want to get in doing that blending in post is another whole thread on another forum. Then there is camera synchronisation, are you going to bother with this ?

does anyone knows about any rig that already exists?

Thanks

Google does

bullettime-greenscreen.jpg

multi_mataderos1.jpg

3770616526_a09937a817.jpg

golem-bullet-time-rig-roman.jpg

3769816375_a896607a33.jpg

4876387146_7dd4d8a05a.jpg

5darray.jpg