Cyan color cast

I've attached a photo with a particular color cast that I'm trying to emulate. I'm curious if you guys think this cyan coloring was done in post or with gelling the soft overhead/side source, or if its something of both. If done in camera, does anyone know of some good gels that push towards cyan? (I know Rosco's "Peacock" gel can get a pretty strong effect, anyone know of something more subtle?) I'm trying to achieve this look and I'm on the fence about doing it in the color correction or trying to do as much in camera as possible. In camera would be preferable but I'll do whichever one achieves the desired look more effectively.

Alex

• Premium Member

I've attached a photo with a particular color cast that I'm trying to emulate. I'm curious if you guys think this cyan coloring was done in post or with gelling the soft overhead/side source, or if its something of both. If done in camera, does anyone know of some good gels that push towards cyan? (I know Rosco's "Peacock" gel can get a pretty strong effect, anyone know of something more subtle?) I'm trying to achieve this look and I'm on the fence about doing it in the color correction or trying to do as much in camera as possible. In camera would be preferable but I'll do whichever one achieves the desired look more effectively.

Alex

You can get that color with Cool White fluorescents when shooting in tungsten settings - basically Blue + Green = Cyan.

Rosco makes a Cyan 30 and Cyan 60 gel, 30 is probably what you'd want. Or just combine CTB and Plus Green gel (maybe !/2 CTB and 1/2 Plus Green if working at a 3200K preset.)

If your camera or film stock is 5600K, you're going to need more blue.