16mm camera which one to get?

daniel silwerfeldt

Sorry for a very vague topic but I have a Gutted 5D mark II today with a OCT-19 mount replacement mount with Lomo anamorphic and non anamorphic lenses.

I want to get a 16mm camera now for some projects.

Are there any 16mm camera where I can use my Oct-19 lenses? I have seen some with PL mount which I could use with an adapter...

Maybe its not that important so next question is if I want to spend around 1000$ I understand that the Arri´s are good but which one or should I get any other?

It needs to be fairly compact so I can go handheld (not small as my DLSR), but no studio camera... It would be cool to be able to shoot at higher speed 96 FPS or so.

Should be simple to handle and maintain and it would be cool if its easy to get service, parts and not that expensive parts...

It would be good if its 1.66 so i guess it needs to be Super16...

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like an Eclair ACL might be the camera for you. You just might find a standard one at or just above your price range. But, ones that have the newer modifications (Super16/Ultra16), lenses and extra mags could cost you double or triple. Depends on luck, really. The price range seems so wide out there.

It's...

- Good for handheld work, especially if you use the 200' mag

- Flexible as far as lenses, adaptors available or easily made

- Quiet w/crystal sync, so you have the option of recording sound, if needed

- Easily maintained (Many shops/technicians are familiar with them)

- They were manufactured for quite a long stretch, so many (and parts) available

- Support: Lots of information out there on them, so it's quick and easy to solve problems.

I hope this helps! Take it easy...

C

Sorry for a very vague topic but I have a Gutted 5D mark II today with a OCT-19 mount replacement mount with Lomo anamorphic and non anamorphic lenses.

I want to get a 16mm camera now for some projects.

Are there any 16mm camera where I can use my Oct-19 lenses? I have seen some with PL mount which I could use with an adapter...

Maybe its not that important so next question is if I want to spend around 1000$ I understand that the Arri´s are good but which one or should I get any other?

It needs to be fairly compact so I can go handheld (not small as my DLSR), but no studio camera... It would be cool to be able to shoot at higher speed 96 FPS or so.

Should be simple to handle and maintain and it would be cool if its easy to get service, parts and not that expensive parts...

It would be good if its 1.66 so i guess it needs to be Super16...

Thanks in advance!

OCT-19 lenses the lenses of professional 35 mm cine cameras Konvas, Kinor-35H, Kinor-35S and other.

But, don't forger, what the super wide angle lens 18 mm for 35 mm filming will like " normal" lens for 16 mm filming.

And you will need wide angle lenses for 16 mm shooting and you will need use classic 16 mm lenses.

That's why, as of my opinion, do not need mix of 35 mm lenses and 16 mm filming project.

If you have good set of spherical and anamorphic 35 mm lenses, may be, you need Konvas-2M body of 35 mm cine camera and shoot of a 35 mm footages ?

About OST-19 and 16 mm cine camera, may be possible build special lens mount for 16 mm cine cameras, need check limitation of sizes.

As of 16 mm cine camera, i recommend to check information about Kinor-16 SX-2M

Professional cine camerta with registration pin, mono-lens mount with four blades lens mount.

Full reflextion design of cine camera with quich change 100 ft, 400 ft film magazines, electrical motor, can be upgrade to crystal sync speed.

Kinor-16 use of a russian LOMO lenses, prime lenses from 6 mm, up to 300 mm, zoom lenses 7.5-75 mm, 10-100 mm, 12-120 mm.

Kinor-16 Can be upgrade to Arri PL lens mount, Super 16 film gate, can be upgrade to video assistance version.

you can find many additional information about Kinor-16 and other russian cine cameras on my site.

Thanks for your time and suggestions!

I bought a Bolex RX-4 modified to Super 16. I think that´s gonna be a good start.

Its got the C-mount which has alot od adapters to other lens mounts and I think you are right that I need to seperate my 16mm lenses and my 35 and full frame lenses. Even though I will use my Old Nikkor lenses on both my 5D and this 16mm camera...