looking for classes in LA area

Cida Fukushima

Hello,

could anyone point me out where to find information about cinematography classes using the Canon 5D, in the LA area?

I've been searching online, but couldn't find anything.

I'll be visiting the US for a few months and would like to take a course or workshop.

thanks

If you're looking for an excellent, full-frame DSLR, the 5D Mk2 is very, very good. It's at least 1 full F-stop more sensitive to light than my Canon 1DS Mk2.The new LCD screen is gorgeous. 3" diagonal with 900,000+ pixels. It's possibly the best quality LCD screen ever put on a DSLR.The huge 21 mega-pixel RAW images are excellent.

If you're looking for an excellent, full-frame DSLR, the 5D Mk2 is very, very good. It's at least 1 full F-stop more sensitive to light than my Canon 1DS Mk2.The new LCD screen is gorgeous. 3" diagonal with 900,000+ pixels. It's possibly the best quality LCD screen ever put on a DSLR.The huge 21 mega-pixel RAW images are excellent.

Thanks, but I already have the camera.

I am actually looking for classes on how to use it for film.

• Premium Member

Do you work for Canon "david"? It is horrible for many motion applications and has lots of DoF pitfalls actually. He was asking about a class anyway.

To the first poster, I'd recommend looking for a working DP in the area who has used one lately and seeing if you can get some personal training from them. I'd be very skeptical of any general class offered other than the ones from experts like Bloom, but his are rare.

http://connect.palmspringsphotofestival.com/connect-2011/workshops/lesko-britt/

I honestly do not know anything about the Workshop- I asked a friend about any DSLR Video workshops and she mentioned the Palm Springs Photo Festival may have something.

Not sure if this is offered anymore.

http://www.hdslrbootcamp.com/