'Charlie Noades R.I.P' release...

• Premium Member

This Hd feature was Dop'd and operated by me in December 2007 and has finally got an initial release in the North West. I thought it was never going to see the light of day so am pleased people are going to get to see it at last - it's my first, and only, feature to date.

Basically it's a modern day Ealing comedy set in a scrapyard in recession hit Liverpool. It's got a great cast of British character actors, many from a cult series called Pheonix Nights, The Office, Cold Feet etc.

It was shot for a very modest £200k and we really had to think on our feet. I saw a press screening at Cannes 2 years ago and was overall pleased with my work, though a couple of new scenes had been shot by a 2nd unit who I would have liked to have an input on but that's another story...

I shot on an F900r with digi-primes and used sfx and classic soft filtrations. Focus pullers Dan Gadd, Steve Gardner, Clapper loader Danny Mendietta.

There's a trailer and behind the scenes film at the website: http://www.northstarproductions.co.uk

• 7 months later...