Sync sound with A-minima

Martin Hawkes

Happy Holidays!

Hope that everybody has had a good one.

I´m interested in hearing what experience anybody has had while shooting sync sound with a Minima. What were the audio guys saying? Did you have to blimp it?

Best regards,

Martin

We used an A-Minima on RASING VICTOR VARGAS for close quarters shooting (i.e. small bathroom). I don't recall any sound issues, it was certainly quieter then our Prod and Plus which lived in the barnies (all three cameras were from Able NY, nice people BTW). For some really quiet stuff, we might have thrown a jacket or something over it, but it's a good little camera. Just remember to double check that the film is sitting properly on the rails in the gate as it's not hard to misalign it, and then who cares what it sounds like cause it's all totally blurry.

Actually I've used the A-Minima from time to time since then and it's always delivered the goods, quietly.

Good luck with it,

Matt

• Premium Member

I've used the Minima on about a half dozen shoots and never once had any trouble with the sound department; we found it to be quieter than our Prod as well. You should have no troubles at all.

Jayson Crothers

Los Angeles