Arriflex standard mount 35mm lenses please.

Clive Alex

Hi,

I've got an Arriflex 2a in nice working order, but no lenses. I've tried ebay with no luck, has anyone got any lenses for sale or even better donate any to a budding indi film maker who's wanting to switch to 35mm. I started in 16mm, but 16mm just doesn't do it for me. I know that if my budget's tight 16mm is ideally suited, but the size of the neg just annoyes me. Before this I was a still photographer and always used medium and large format film for it's quality, but when I see 16mm it reminds me of 110 film and I certainly would never use that for a shoot.

I think 16 and S16 is a fabulous format. If one knows how to light and expose properly, not taking into account any creative or technical decisions. When handled correctly in post you would be hard pressed to see much of a difference. especially on TV.

Why wouldn't you use 110 for a shoot if that format best represented the style/creative of the shoot. I use S8 all the time and often alongside S35,RED, ALEXA. I just used S8 alongside the Phantom Flex and 5D...

Use the tool that's best for the job.

it would be nice though to get that 2A up and running again though...convert to 3 perf and you can use it as an everyday B camera.

Eric Halberstadt

DP