car pov shot at night

oded binnun

Dear Sirs,

I have this POV shot of a driver driving at night in a neighborhood.

In order to make it more dramatic, I'd like to strengthen the light of the car headlights, so that the road in front of the car would be much brighter than the rest of what's in the frame.

Could you suggest which lights to use and where to rig them in order to get the best effect? I thought of rigging some kind of light source on top of the car tilted down towards the road in front of the car – would that work? Do I need two sources, or just one?

Thank you very much,

Oded

www.odedbinnun.com

One solution I could think of is avoiding areas with light pollution and too much ambient light. If you're the only light on the road then it'll help. I hate saying this but you could even look into getting a normal exposure and enhancing the beams in post. It's a lockdown shot so it shouldn't be too hard. I say that because I'd try and avoid rigging anything unless you have the proper support. On the high end, you can do well with two tweenies, if you can rig them to the bumper, it should be out of your shot and you should be able to match the beams better. One last solution, since it's a lockdown you can concoct a custom spot filter if you have too much ambient light.