Website?

Greg Hindman

So I want to set up a web site to have a place where I can post my resume, reel, and photo portfolio. I was wondering what sites some other people use and what sort of price range I should be looking at. Also any stylistic advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thanks a lot for the help Adrian. I will look into that! One of my buddies has been showing me a few tricks on dreamweaver so I am hoping that he will help me start up a web site and I could do small additions whenever I have new material.

• Premium Member

Dreamweaver is very nice if you just want to keep it simple; which is always best. Once you get a "template," for the site up you can copy and paste the code to new pages ect, or just "edit" pages similarly to as they were word documents. There is some know-how to go along with it, but answers for many coding questions are just a google away.

So I want to set up a web site to have a place where I can post my resume, reel, and photo portfolio. I was wondering what sites some other people use and what sort of price range I should be looking at. Also any stylistic advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I use fatcow.com for hosting and if you google cheapest web hosts and follow a fatcow link you can get it for something like $44/yr unlimited bandwidth and space, unlimited email accounts, one domain name included, and easy installation of thingslike joomla and wordpress. I have had it for 3 years and have had less than a day downtime, probably less than an hour. If you go with them.. Refer me! :)

Stylistic advice; keep it simple. Avoid flash if possible (many industry people may have and iPad or something...) and have your reel on the first page if you can.

Edited by Ian Blewitt

• 2 weeks later...

I use fatcow as well and it has been the cheapest and easiest I have found. Personally I built my website in Adobe Illustrator (not the best way but the way I understand), but I have heard many good things about WordPress and Joomla which are open source (free) and pretty easy to use.

• 1 month later...