Any new yorkers up for some drinks?

Deniz Coker

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I've done some TV lighting. Dramatic work. Worked w/ one or two mic booms all the time. All studio work. That's what i like. Worked on HBO, MTV, worked at EUE/Screen Gems. Also Bill Moyers Journal and various other jobs. Like finding people interested in lighting. It's a vast field and a black art. I have evolved my style, but all jobs are different. I would welcome and discussion here or on FaceBook.

• 4 weeks later...

Is Runway a fun shoot? Is it tough for the crew to steer clear of the "drama"? Where you on set when the one (European? male) designer threw a fit, stormed off and threatened to smash the camera on the street?

It can be fun at times. We try to stay away from the "talent" - production doesn't want us to talk to them. We know more of what's going on than they do. I was on Project Runway All stars when that happened on the normal Project Runway - He actually did punch the lens and the camera op's eye hurt. Later he apologized - but I'm not sure he apologized to the camera op. I'm on AllStars again this year. Not as much drama on that show, as all the contestants are returning finalists from previous years. They know the routine and are more relaxed.