Oscar for Cinematography-who WILL win?

Brian Rose

The nominees have been discussed in other posts, and we've all laid out who deserves to win, who we hope/want to win. But for the purpose of my Oscar pool, who do you think WILL win, regardless of whether it was the best, most deserving or meritorious.

For a long time I had Deakins pegged to win...he's got nine noms, and is definitely overdue. But when the ASC gave its top award to Pfister, I was thrown for a loop. Does this suggest Inception has legs, and will clean up in the technicals? Or will the Adademy at large go for the fellow with the most noms without a win, Deakins?

Or will they just throw one more onto "The King's Speech" pile of awards?

The nominees have been discussed in other posts, and we've all laid out who deserves to win, who we hope/want to win. But for the purpose of my Oscar pool, who do you think WILL win, regardless of whether it was the best, most deserving or meritorious.

For a long time I had Deakins pegged to win...he's got nine noms, and is definitely overdue. But when the ASC gave its top award to Pfister, I was thrown for a loop. Does this suggest Inception has legs, and will clean up in the technicals? Or will the Adademy at large go for the fellow with the most noms without a win, Deakins?

Or will they just throw one more onto "The King's Speech" pile of awards?

"The King's Speech" if it's a clean sweep (unlikely).

"Inception" if it matches the winner of the ASC awards (and so far, it's happened less than 40% of the times).

I still think it's going to be Deakins.

I also think Deakin's will get it. As usual beautifully composed shots and the lighting was impeccable.

Although, i woudln't be sad tp see 'The King's Speech' win, A few european'esque styles scenes in that blew me away.

In terms of WILL win, Deakins.

• Premium Member

After seeing The King's Speech, the last of the nominees I hadn't yet seen, I hope it will win in the cinematography category. I also think Colin Firth should win for best actor. He was really wonderful.