Premiere and Vegas Colour tools compared?

bureaucrazy

Hi, I need to buy a computer for video editing and need to decide which software to go for. I shoot mainly super 8mm and if I don't perfectly expose it there's a need to lighten/darken and adjust the colours. I do not have experience of NLE software personally.

Could anyone here advise me of the colour correction tools available for CS5 and what tools are available for vegas. Will vegas do everything I need? or does CS5 have features that are not available in vegas that I may be likely to use? A list of the features would be very helpful so I can decide which route to take. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Premiere CS5 only works on 64 bit OS which would affect your driver availability on your devices. Vegas is good on resource and really fast on both render and workflow. As far as color correction goes, feature wise they are quite similar. I assume you're a PC person. If you're a mac get Final Cut Pro. If you wanna go with industry standard get Avid Media Composer. If you want simple, fast, and easy then get Vegas.

Hi, I need to buy a computer for video editing and need to decide which software to go for. I shoot mainly super 8mm and if I don't perfectly expose it there's a need to lighten/darken and adjust the colours. I do not have experience of NLE software personally.

You also need to use your real name, it's one of the forum rules.