Night Interior Kitchen- Car Headlight Effect

Ian Forbes

• Premium Member

Dear all,

I am shooting a film where there is a kitchen interior (set build). I would like to create (moving) car headlights effect. There is one actress in the scene, we start on a shot tight in on her face and track out gradually revealing the room and objects within it.

My plan so far is to have a small window in the set 2' x2'. I will use a small tungsten source (handheld) and moving it in a circular motion, pointing towards the window. I might have a net curtain in the window to give me the quality of light I am looking for.

Does anyone have any techniques or advice for me.

Best,

Ian.

Ian Forbes

Cinematographer

Based in Scotland

http://vimeo.com/11744998

Dear all,

I am shooting a film where there is a kitchen interior (set build). I would like to create (moving) car headlights effect. There is one actress in the scene, we start on a shot tight in on her face and track out gradually revealing the room and objects within it.

My plan so far is to have a small window in the set 2' x2'. I will use a small tungsten source (handheld) and moving it in a circular motion, pointing towards the window. I might have a net curtain in the window to give me the quality of light I am looking for.

Does anyone have any techniques or advice for me.

Best,

Ian.

Ian Forbes

Cinematographer

Based in Scotland

http://vimeo.com/11744998

Seems like you've got the idea. It's hard to judge exactly what you want. Do you want an enlarging shadow with a sharp turn at the end, or just some regular parallel traffic? Maybe we could get more insight.