Diopters for my Lomo anamorphic Round and square fronts

daniel silwerfeldt

I´m looking for diopters and ND filters for my Lomo Anamorphic Square Fronts 35mm, 50mm and 80mm.

Also for my Lomo Anamorphic Roundfronts 50mm and 75mm.

Did Lomo make Diopters for all these lenses? What is the exact front filter thread for the Roundfronts 50mm and 75mm (I guess they are the same what I can see...).

I like to have some alternatives for big matteboxes and 6x6 filters..

35 BAS LOMO anamorphic Square front 50 mm and 80 mm lenses had original diopters ( front attachment ) for shooting with short distance.

This was square body with glass inside, install to front side of len's body.

If you see of your lens, you can see a few distance scales on focus ring.

The one, white digitals - distances without front attachment, minimum distance of focusing 1,5m

The second, green digitals - with front attachment( marking 1.0m) with minimum distance of focusing 1.0m

The third scale with red digitals - with front attachment ( marking 0.5m ) and minimum distance of focusing 0,5m.

About 35 BAS LOMO anamorphic lenses with round front glass, sorry, i don't know original diopters.

But, a few years ago, we had special front attachment on 150 mm 35 BAS-2-2 lens and shoot with minimum distance 0,15m.

I think, you can use any other brand name diopters with similar diameter.

what about split diopters? Did the Russians make split diopters and if so I would imagine they are rare as I have never seen one and I look for Kinor stuff quite often.

You mean special front optical attachment for dual planes shooting ?( Trick effects ).

The russian name of set 20C-37 included 5 pcs diopters for distances 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 1.0 m.

This is diopters use for russian anamorphic lenses 35 NAS-4,( 50 mm, 75 mm ) and 35NAS-10 ( 35 mm )but, can be use with any other optical system.

This is hald of spherical glass ( diopters), inside special holder.

The Roundfront anamorphic´s 35mm, 50mm and 75mm don't have front thread.

You can attach of front attachment over of a outside diameter of front part of lens.

The outside diameter of front side of Roundfront anamorphic´s

35BAS 27-1 35 mm - 140 mm

35BAS 22-1 50 mm -105 mm

35BAS 23-1 75 mm- 105 mm

Yes, exactly. it helps with DOF in staging especially when shooting anamorphic which is why I would LOVE to find a set for each of my round front and 2 piece square front sets. Do the split diopters come available for sale very often or are they almost impossible to find?

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

In standard US diopters 138mm size works for the 35/50/75mm roundfronts. In fact you can tape a 138mm filter/diopter just inside the front element threads of the 35mm and get away with it. I know it's a hassle, but the 6x6 matte box is the way to go if you want to cover the big 35mm roundfront- that's what I've done.