Good Tripod for sony EX-1

Luke Sweetman

Hey peoples looking for some advice about what would be a good tripod, to start out with I need something capable of taking the weight of my Sony EX-1, and potentially take the weight of Red 1, as I sometimes rent.

I have been looking at; Manfrotto 504HD,546BK 2-Stage Aluminum Tripod System.

link below:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130494297365&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:IE:1123

I want something decent but not really expensive, any advice would be very helpful.

I picked up a superb LIBEC TH-2000 Video Tripod at B&H Photo for about $575.00. It will handle up to a 33 lb camera. I use it for my Arri MB. Check out B&H Photo; they have many, many tripods at various prices.

Hey peoples looking for some advice about what would be a good tripod, to start out with I need something capable of taking the weight of my Sony EX-1, and potentially take the weight of Red 1, as I sometimes rent.

I have been looking at; Manfrotto 504HD,546BK 2-Stage Aluminum Tripod System.

link below:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130494297365&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:IE:1123

I want something decent but not really expensive, any advice would be very helpful.

I SWEAR by the Bogen Manfrotto 3066. Used it throughout film school on everything from the XL2 to a fully loaded Eclair NPR. The movement is the best I've ever used, and when I had the chance to get one for around $450 last summer, I jumped at it, and haven't regretted it one second. Granted, it's a wee bit on the large size, but every one of my buddies has been envious when they get behind it and feel how smooth it pans and tilts.