HELP: What 8 mm Film Should I buy?

Hi! I was just given a Canon 1014 XLS. Can someone recommend what kind of 8mm film to buy? I have no experience with film and wanted to experiment with this camera. I want to shoot in black and white. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi! I was just given a Canon 1014 XLS. Can someone recommend what kind of 8mm film to buy? I have no experience with film and wanted to experiment with this camera. I want to shoot in black and white. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

your only option for true black and white in super 8 is 7266 or Tri-X. Great camera!

Thanks! Is 7266 or Tri-X a type of film stock? What brand is good: Kodak?

yes, it is a kind of film stock made by Kodak only. It is a black and white reversal(slide) film that has a speed rating of 200iso. It is rather high in contrast and responds well to pushing.

• 4 weeks later...

good Lord, what a gift, to say the least. the 1014xl-s provides fabulous image when shooting auto exposure or even better when using light meter.

youll have no problem and good results with the tri-x stock. although, care outdoors in harsh sunlight with tri-x. watch exposure either hand held or incamera. if you have any questions regarding the camera settings, dont hesitate to email.