Mounting Camera off Side of Condor

Mike McEntire

Hi folks I do a lot of shooting from a Condor and have been shooting off sticks. I am tired of dancing around with the legs in that confined area and also would like to put the camera out over the edge of the basket about a foot. Trying to figure out the most fail safe and fastest setup that you can think of. Will be shooting off a 150 bowl. Also about 75 pound combined camera and fluid head load. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best

Mike McEntire

Mack Dawg Productions

Hi folks I do a lot of shooting from a Condor and have been shooting off sticks. I am tired of dancing around with the legs in that confined area and also would like to put the camera out over the edge of the basket about a foot. Trying to figure out the most fail safe and fastest setup that you can think of. Will be shooting off a 150 bowl. Also about 75 pound combined camera and fluid head load. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best

Mike McEntire

Mack Dawg Productions

Hostess tray,

or speed rail construct in similar fashion.

or bazooka with 150 bowl adapter

or ...

A bazooka works great and will allow you to walk around comfortably. Think of rigging a slider down the length of the rail. It will allow you to quickly move from one side of the basket to the other without re - rigging. You can also rig it outside the basket so you can look straight down.

• 2 months later...

This was a quick on the spot rig we had to do. The DP told me he needed the camera in front of the basket and we had until the director got there to finish. Pretty simple just bolted the ply wood thru the basket added a ratchet strap support in the front and clamped on his hi hat

33835_493038253810_525183810_6296556_993752_n.jpg