K3 Help Camera won't run after removing loop formers

Mike Stoltz

Hello all,

I know that this topic has already been covered extensively on here, but I was hoping someone could help with my

particular case:

I followed the directions on K3Camera.com to remove the loop formers on my K3. Upon cutting out the string

(which had already snapped) and unscrewing the loop formers and removing them, I flipped the gear over onto

the baffle plate and replace the baffle plate into its position.

Now with the baffle plate in its original position the motor will wind but it won't run when I hit the trigger. I have also inserted a cable release and the motor and shutter will not move. It makes me nervous because then with the spring wound up to take the baffle plate off again I have to hold the spring winder and slowly release it so that it doesn't just completely spin out.

I've also removed the front of the camera and tried "gently knocking on the gears" as detailed here:

http://www.k3camera.com/k3/krasnogorsk-3-front.php

But to no avail.

I can't really imagine that this is a lube issue since the camera was running smoothly until I first took the baffle plate off a few hours ago.

Hopefully someone on here can provide some insight into what I'm doing wrong

Thank you

Mike

Ian

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I had the motor completely run out when I initially removed the baffle plate.

As I noted above, I can wind the motor but the trigger/film advance does nothing. When I've removed the baffle plate

since I always carefully hold the motor winder and slowly let it return to position after the baffle plate has been removed.

thanks again for help