"Love Hurts", my first 16mm film! :D

• Premium Member

Well I thought it was FANTASTIC!

The wide shot of the girl at the end is great. All that mixed lighting.

What I found interesting is the detail in the old man's hair shows up nicely, but in the woman's, it's blown out. Don't know if that matters, or if it was intentional.

The only think I found I didn't like was the camera push in. It's a little jarring for some reason. It may be due to all the locked off shots before hand.

Still, I Think it's fantastic.

Any chance we can get the juicy technical details? Shooting ratio for a 1 minute short? Amazing.

Well I thought it was FANTASTIC!

The wide shot of the girl at the end is great. All that mixed lighting.

What I found interesting is the detail in the old man's hair shows up nicely, but in the woman's, it's blown out. Don't know if that matters, or if it was intentional.

The only think I found I didn't like was the camera push in. It's a little jarring for some reason. It may be due to all the locked off shots before hand.

Still, I Think it's fantastic.

Any chance we can get the juicy technical details? Shooting ratio for a 1 minute short? Amazing.

Thanks a lot! Well, I wanted some of the highlights on the bride to be a little bit blown out, but I found it hard to adjust the highlight rolloff on the DPX to make it look exactly the way I wanted. Perhaps I overdid it a bit and should have kept more detail. I'll look into it!

Juicy details:

Carl Zeiss superspeeds 16mm & 9mm, Ultraprime 6mm

Fuji Eterna vivid 500T

I had 122 meters of film, so about 10 minutes. Ended up using 100m!

:)