Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

RF Cameras

Hi,

I'm engineering for a broadcasting event this June, and we want to incorporate a few HD RF cameras. We have a link show which will involve a roaming camera that will be moving around the building (all internal) however I was worried about getting a clean signal back and forth.

Our building is double layered brick coated with aluminium tiles, it's basically a faraday cage. I was worried that the signal reflections will throw this completely out.

What kind of range do these RF cameras have? I've only got experience in racking them (horrible experience might I add).

I just need some tips and advice on them, how to do deal with base station positioning etc.

If anyone can share any information that would great cheers.

Try Broadcast RF:

http://www.broadcastrf.com/

I don't think anyone's going to guarantee whether something will work in given circumstances. Even if you try it out beforehand, all it takes is for some military organization to be running an exercise in the area on your big day and you're stuffed. RF is much much more reliable than it ever was, but it'll never be perfect.

P

Ok so we've now got an SD RF camera, however I've been a bit ignorant about RF licensing.

Does anyone here know how much a license will cost for an SD RF camera? I really need to get this sorted as soon as possible, as the events the 28th and 29th however we want to run rehearsals for the 27th.

cheers.

Edited by Daniel Ashley-Smith