First year University Final.

Hey i am a first year University student at the University of Lethbridge and possibly going to go into a career in film. We have had several smaller projects but this year’s final was a documentary. I and three others decided we would do a documentary on a friend who is a video game collector. Keep in mind that this is a first year University project and with that i would enjoy to see any critiques you have to offer.

Konrad Hellwig, a gaming collector, shares his collection and gaming experiences with us during this 6 minute interview. He has been collecting new and old video games for 8 years and has accumulated over 1000 separate games spanning several consoles.

I would like to thank Konrad for giving us this opportunity to peer into the life of a game collector.

This interview was made for the documentary project in New Media 2030 at the University of Lethbridge

Edited by Tyler Skrabek

Hey I'm a first year film student as well, I thought that was a pretty good doc. Like Lance said, maybe a little more exciting and creative b-roll would have been good but I'm sure that's not as easy as it seems especially with this topic. A couple shots almost looked out of focus and there seemed to be a slight ghost effect on the motion. Enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...

The high angle shot of his interview was undesirable. It would have looked better if you got down lower and looked up at him. The goal in cinema is to make the characters larger than life. Even in a documentary this would be helpful. I really like the title, it's very clever.