Looking For Primes

Frank DiBugnara

Frank,

Duall Camera (duallcamera.com) had a set listed on their site for a very reasonable price pretty recently. I would call there and visual products. I have had good experiences with both companies. Otherwise, kievcamera.com has a good price for the full set of Optar Illumina (t1.3) primes - which are as good as the Zeiss in my opinion (I have a set myself). Goodluck.

Actually, the Optar *are* Zeiss IIRC, when Russia took over east germany, it had one of the Zeiss plants, and kept it in top condition for years, a source of pride. The Optar I believe is one of the Zeiss clones that were made. I know that my East German Zeiss is as good as any west german Zeiss.

• Premium Member

Well, you will really have trouble getting them from Kiev camera. I tried for months.

Michael from Kiev is in Moscow right now trying to get some. He will be back on March 2nd or 3rd. I waited a couple of months for him to get some and he never got them.

After 4 months of searching around, I finally got a new set of Optar Illuminas from

Gregory Mirand of Miami. From what I heard, he helped work on the design of them.

Actually, I just got my set 2 days ago. They were perfect.

You can reach him at 954-217--0347. His e-mail is

"Gregory Mirand" <mirandg@bellsouth.net>

You will get a 1yr warrenty and a 30 day money back guarantee.

Mention my name and tell him you need a price break.

Good luck :)