Davon Slininger

RBQ Knock offs?

I've heard that there is another company manufacturing quick release assemblies like the Ronford Baker RBQ. Does anyone know what those are and where I can find them in LA.

Or if you have an RBQ to sell I'll gladly take it off your hands too.

An assistant named Dave Berryman has a machinist make some in batches. I bought one and it is very nice. PM me and I'll send you his e-mail address (don't know if he'd want it public)

You could try contacting Ron MacDonald at Cine Support Equipment, based in Montana. He's pretty much a one-man shop so delivery dates are kind of fluid, but he's very nice. I do know he manufactures RBQRs as well as anything else you may need* (QR plates, whips, cranks, etc.). I have no idea if he has a minimum quantity that he requires to manufacture, but he's worth a call.

No website to speak of, but a quick google search says (406) 363-0022. Good luck.

*Personal note: I really dislike the design of his spreaders (They fold outward when closing the legs), so just be forewarned if you are in the market.

Hey Chris I PM'd you but it says you cannot receive any new messages.

I got your e-mail and forwarded the e-mail I got about the custom RBQs. I love mine.

Resurrecting an old thread...

Does this business still exist? Phone number does not work.

--Looking for a cheaper alternative to this kind of quick release. We have a terrific big fluid tripod head, but no quick release. What could we use for a 30lb camera without spending $400+??

Thanks,

Steve Zimmerman

Edited by Steve Zimmerman

Thanks!!

We bought this quick release on ebay:

Quickset Hercules QR

We will see if it works or not. It seems big enough... I don't know if it has any sort of safety catch to keep the release lever from opening. Maybe we can engineer something to work as one.

Careful buying this knockoff stuff. Remember this is going to be holding $150K + worth of stuff to your cart, or to a crane, etc. Also, I would stick to the Ronford Baker standard. It's really a pain when one person on a crew uses a different quick release than everybody else.

Guest david berryman

howdy y'all,

just found this site by randomly googling ronford baker quick release & low & behold i found my name & product being graciously promoted by chris, indeed a customer of mine.

feel free to contact me directly for more info: texabilly at me dot com.

thanks

386034_217789578309910_885908190_n_zpsc4935f69.jpg

Edited by david berryman