To move or not to move?

Hi all, I am new to these forums and I have learned a lot. I currently live in Northeast Florida and I want to move away from here. My mentor is pushing me to go to Atlanta (His daughter is a Production Coordinator there) but I want to go to Las Vegas (My friend says I can live with him) or Seattle ( I just love the area). I am willing to go wherever though.

I also want to get a job at a rental house and how would I go about that? I will also like to thank you guys for your input.

Go where you want to go :)

Look up the Rental shops in the city you want to live in and give them a call then send a resume. Even if you don't have any experience just send what you have so they have a name.

They may not have any openings but will most likely know people around town for you to make contact with.

Good Luck.

Hello Kevin, I currently live in Seattle and trying to stay as active as possible. Insight on Seattle as a Camera Assistant or even working in the industry here is rough like anywhere else. But here in Seattle, there is very little paid work being handed off here. Simpler term: too many chefs in the kitchen. I've been AC'ing on an amateur level for two years, a few features, lots of shorts and many music videos and I still struggle to get on the few big production here in the Northwest.

As far as rental houses, I've attempted to go that route to better my knowledge in all formats and all cameras Seattle house but they are all staffed which all has been working there for years. I'm not saying they won't leave but it doesn't seem like there's going to be an opening anytime soon.

Hopefully this helps with your decision for the next city for your career.

Sorry for any misspelling*on my iPhone*