Pan HDX900

gavrosh haxhihyseni

Hello friends!

I use my Pan HDX900 for films and doc's.Lately I had a problem during shooting.The ND filter knob does not change the filters although on the viewfinder I see the numbers change.First I thought it was a mechanical problem;the knob was not tightened with the axes.But no remedy.It seems as if the ND filters change electronically.Unfortunately the filter selector has stopped probably to the ND4,so the camera has lost the sensitivity,being unable to shoot in low lights.It looks like I'm shooting with a low speed film,maybe 100 ASA.

Can anybody give me any suggestion on how to remedy in this.

Thanks

Goshi

• 6 months later...

Hello friends!

I use my Pan HDX900 for films and doc's.Lately I had a problem during shooting.The ND filter knob does not change the filters although on the viewfinder I see the numbers change.First I thought it was a mechanical problem;the knob was not tightened with the axes.But no remedy.It seems as if the ND filters change electronically.Unfortunately the filter selector has stopped probably to the ND4,so the camera has lost the sensitivity,being unable to shoot in low lights.It looks like I'm shooting with a low speed film,maybe 100 ASA.

Can anybody give me any suggestion on how to remedy in this.

Thanks

Goshi

Panasonic became aware of this problem, it is not electronic, it is a problem with the filter wheel turning - in your case the ND filters inside the camera, the outside ND selector turns but has lost contact with the internal filters ( the camera still gets the signal on which filter you have selected from the outside dial electronically! ) Panasonic replaced the dial when this happened to my HDX900. The work was done at a Panasonic service center in LA.