Hello,

I am currently studying in United Kingdom Photography and Media Arts, next year i am finishing my BA in this are and would like to move to California to study M.F.A. in cinematography. Actually in future i would like to be a cameraman, just this is my passion. I have looked throw lot of schools, and am really unsure if I am suitable for UCLA, UCS and AFI, because my BA is in photography, maybe you can consider any good Master schools in California except those three?

Thank you.

Chapman in Orange is supposedly putting together an excellent program. Complete with it's own movie studio promising to finance graduates' feature films.

Don't discount the others. I applied to, was accepted, and eventually declined admission to AFI. I think my passion helped me with the acceptance. As did a narrative, no dialogue short I shot as DoP exclusively for the admissions committee. They really want to see narrative work. So if you don't have one complete, go out and shoot one and show them you're a visual storyteller. Remember that they are not looking for perfection. If you have nothing to learn, why go to school?

UCLA is the long shot. I was accepted to AFI, and not to UCLA. They have (or had) a cap of 30 students. So it's very, very difficult. Of course you must try. You'll never know if you don't

• 1 month later...

Chapman in Orange is supposedly putting together an excellent program. Complete with it's own movie studio promising to finance graduates' feature films.

Don't discount the others. I applied to, was accepted, and eventually declined admission to AFI. I think my passion helped me with the acceptance. As did a narrative, no dialogue short I shot as DoP exclusively for the admissions committee. They really want to see narrative work. So if you don't have one complete, go out and shoot one and show them you're a visual storyteller. Remember that they are not looking for perfection. If you have nothing to learn, why go to school?

UCLA is the long shot. I was accepted to AFI, and not to UCLA. They have (or had) a cap of 30 students. So it's very, very difficult. Of course you must try. You'll never know if you don't

I did not wanted to Discount any of those schools. I contacted Chapman University and arranged campus tour when i will be in CA for a few days. Thank you for help. What is DoP?

If you'd like to become a cameraman, I'd suggest buying a camera (as opposed to spending the money on school) and jumping into the business. School is a great path, but technicians more or less work there way up the charts. But both are great options.

Inside i choose a University path. First of all because i had a same situation 2 years ago when i was applying for the Photography BA in UK, i am really happy that I started it. Also the camera man is just a label it is much more behind it.