French University for under-graduation in Cinematography

Priyonto Zaman

Hello.

I have just completed "Diploma in Digital cinematography" from "Alliance Française de Dhaka" & want to go for under graduation too in cinematography.

Can you help me out in finding a good university ? please...

& also tell me the educational requirements needed to admit in the university.

Thank you

Hi,

Unfortunately, there's no university in france that offers studies for cinematography but ony schools... The best one is certainly La Fémis but only accepts 6 students each year in cinematography. Otherwise, there's the Ecole Louis Lumière that is quite good but very theoritical, a lot of physics, work in studio etc...

A few other schools exist but they're expensive and not as good so I think you should avoid them and stick to the 2 above.

I also had very good feedback from INSAS which is in Bruxelles. Nice city, less expensive than Paris and friendlier. It might be a nice place to go!

Or you could try other countries, there's a great school in Lodz, Poland (very international) or universities in english speaking countries.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply...

can you please suggest me some english spoken European universities which offer under-grad courses for cinematography but not too expensive.

It would bc very helpful to me. Merci

I'm sorry I can't help you for english universities as i don't really know them. Unfortunately since the education reform last year, it might be hard to find a not too expensive one in england...