Sign in to follow this  
Travis Cline

Alexa underwater

So I have a two day spot coming up on the Alexa and part of it is underwater. We'll be in a pool somewhere in LA, location is not locked down yet. I'll be scuba diving, but we won't be going very deep, I'd say 15' max. Has anyone used the Alexa with an underwater housing? The one that Hydroflex makes looks nice, but might be overkill for what we are doing. Any suggestions or insights?

So I have a two day spot coming up on the Alexa and part of it is underwater. We'll be in a pool somewhere in LA, location is not locked down yet. I'll be scuba diving, but we won't be going very deep, I'd say 15' max. Has anyone used the Alexa with an underwater housing? The one that Hydroflex makes looks nice, but might be overkill for what we are doing. Any suggestions or insights?

It's pretty hard to have overkill underwater. Even at 1 ft below an unruly housing (not neutral or awful viewfinder mostly) becomes a huge pain in the ass. I'd definitely ask for the hydroflex housing. Or at least make sure you can get on a tripod.

I tried the T-bag from tribord design ( http://www.tribordesign.ca/projet4.php )

setup was :

Alexa

cooke s4 40mm

arri wireless remote ( iris )

cam wave HD sender

A.B. 160 batt

T-Bag w flat dome

nd 6

we did some shots on a water park.. haven't been under 3'.. bag is certified to 10' but the designer told me he went to 40' with it.

I would definitly run more test without the camera on bag to go deeper than 5 feet..

if you can, use the hydroflex.