Gels or what is needed to color light this way

Hello,

I've seen a certain trend when it comes to light color, in the glossy, hip-hop, bigbudget type of music videos shot nowadays. I'm reffering to the golden/amber and dark bluish with some hint of green in it.

Are there any special types of gels they use on the light, or color correction ?

I'll put some links below to illustrate what i'm talking about.

and while we re at it how do you make your talent's skin to shine in such a pleasant way like in the video below. Do you use a particular light sourse to enhance this ? To me it looks like they used kino tubes mainly but i might be wrong.

Thanks.

ok agreed. but there s got to be a starting point, i mean to have to help your grading with your lighting. so maybe they use some classic CTO and CTB gels to enhance the golden-yellowish tint or the blue one, or maybe not, they are using something else.

I'm interested to know what that something else is, what type of gel is that ?

thanks.

ok agreed. but there s got to be a starting point, i mean to have to help your grading with your lighting. so maybe they use some classic CTO and CTB gels to enhance the golden-yellowish tint or the blue one, or maybe not, they are using something else.

I'm interested to know what that something else is, what type of gel is that ?

thanks.

the brittany video looks like a mix of straw and CTB gels,

The Kelly Rowland video looks like it might have some steel green, or perhaps just some plus green, and using uncorrected fluorescents.

The Britney video seems to be using a variety of warm gels (CTO, CTS) for the backlight. It also looks like there are some cooler sources overhead, perhaps blues or blue/green. You can see the effect mostly in her hair. There's also the usual soft frontal key which is neutral, or perhaps slightly warm to help her skintones.

Kelly Rowland looks like maybe Medium Blue Green (LEE 116) or White Flame Green (LEE 213) with 1/2 CTB. Both of these are pretty good matches for uncorrected daylight fluorescents, although there are plenty of other combos that work.

The shine on her skin comes mostly from her skintone. Black skin is often lit from a back 3/4 or side position so that you get a sheen on it. White skin doesn't really look as good lit that way. They probably had the makeup dept give her a liberal covering of moisturizer too, to help the effect.