LUT buddy v/s auto curves

Guest piyush sharma

Guest piyush sharma

hi

i shot one feature film (docu -drama) with 550D in excruciating heat of 45 degree in India. camera is pretty solid. i used one home made method of keeping camera cool.i used a wet lawn cloth and put in on camera gear all the time. wink:

i shot the entire film using Technicolor picture style. tried to install LUT buddy in premiere pro so i can edit the native footage. but to my frustration LUT buddy is working in after effects but not in premiere pro. no idea why.

so i used auto curves and some how i feel the results are batter then LUT buddy . here is one sample.

what u guys think ?

post-3629-0-53325000-1306656163.jpg

Don't know to much about this precise software you're talking about, but seem to understand that lut buddy is applying some sort of standard lut to your material isn't it? I use to work with on set LUTs and haven't found yet a quick way to apply them onto the offline process. What I do is to recreate a color preset with a 3 way color corrector, is a cheap and easy way to do it, so to create a buch of favorite presets to use as translation of the lut. I know there are other ways to import my luts but this is the only way I found to avoid renders.

If lut buddy is applying an auto lut... well it's badly done, the point is for you to create your own luts.

hi

i shot one feature film (docu -drama) with 550D in excruciating heat of 45 degree in India. camera is pretty solid. i used one home made method of keeping camera cool.i used a wet lawn cloth and put in on camera gear all the time. wink:

i shot the entire film using Technicolor picture style. tried to install LUT buddy in premiere pro so i can edit the native footage. but to my frustration LUT buddy is working in after effects but not in premiere pro. no idea why.

so i used auto curves and some how i feel the results are batter then LUT buddy . here is one sample.

what u guys think ?