Wanted 35mm sound sync pkg

Leon Rodriguez

Hey Guys,

May I impinge on our collective camaraderie? Has anybody seen any really complete 35mm packages out there? One that you said, ?Wow that?s a lot of gear for that amount of money!? Something in an equivalent price range of an ArriBL4s. As loaded as possible. Must be in perfect condition. Ready to shoot. Will go anywhere in North America to do pkg prep and check out the gear.

Please have your antennae out for me. Have waited a lifetime for this package; help me find the killer deal. Feel free to contact me directly. When found, drinks are on me.

THX 1M,

Leon Rodriguez

Filmmaker/Cinematographer

Blue Hill Cinema

Austin, Texas

H:(512)288-9546

C:(512)587-9231

First Concept to Final Cut

• Premium Member

I would check Visual Products (www.visualproducts.com) if you haven't already. It would probably do better to call them, tell them your budget and what you want and see if they can't put together a package for you.

But if you get a 35mm camera soon, I want to rent it cheap! ;-)

(I'm in Austin, after all.)

Good luck with the search.

Later,

Josh

Yeah, I've always rented 35mm. First one I'll own. Co-own I should say. I've had them parked with me for periods of time before but I didn't actually own them.

Josh, we can always work something out. I'll do the best I possibly can every single time.

Mike Casey over at Visual Products was the first call I made and his package is the principle point of comparison. He's always done me right over the years. True Blue. Hey that reminds me, what's the difference between a BL4 and a BL4s other than the pitch adjustment on the claw and age?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know BL4 price range, unfortunately.

But I have a camera loaded at maximum ;)

It is Russian 10RKS-M:

10RKS-M Camera

Some disatvantages:

1. It requires either many rechargeable batteries (not available here) or 3-phase AC power.

2. I don't have user's manual.

3. Shipping from Belarus will cost about $900.

In all other aspects it is best camera for that money, I believe.

Another low budget option is Konvas-2M camera.

Konvas-2M camera

And you may look at other Russian cameras as well:

Movie Cameras

Thanks

Rolfe,

That's L.A., right? Do you happen to know the website url. google gives me a static splash page. I appreciate the tip.

Raf,

I've often thought about a Konvas, but as a second camera. My 'A' Camera has to be sound sync. But I've bookmarked the website. Thanx for that as well. I've heard enough positive things about your shop that that is where I'll go when that purchase comes up.

Edited by Leon Rodriguez

My 'A' Camera has to be sound sync.

Konvas with 17EP motor is sync camera. This motor is crystal sync at all speeds (8/12/16/24/25/32 fps).

May be it bit louder than Arri, of course. Some people make blimp boxes for it, or use tele lenses to record a sync sound at longer distance from the camera.

Thanks