REC trigger to SRW-1+SRPC-1

Nyan Wint

I am very new to digital cinematography. The company I work for have sony f35 and pmw f3. We also have SRW-1 recorder and SRPC-1 processor. We attached SRW-1 recorder on to SRPC-1 so we can shoot f35 on shoulder because f35 with SRW-1 is so heavy. When the connections and setups are done and when I pressed REC on f35 SRW-1 didn't record it self. Why is that? Did I miss something or is it possible? Manual said I have to hold rec and press play on srw-1 to start record. Is there any way to synchronized recording? Manual for pmw f3 says it is possible to feed REC trigger signal via HD SDI (single or dual link) to SRW-1 + SRPC-1. Synchronized record didn't work on both f35 and f3. Please some one help me. We have to shoot that way very soon. Please!

My connections from camera to recorder are:

F35 > HD-SDI (AB) > SRPC-1 > SRW-1

PMW F3 > HD-SDI (AB) > SRPC-1 > SRW-1.

• 1 year later...

I am very new to digital cinematography. The company I work for have sony f35 and pmw f3. We also have SRW-1 recorder and SRPC-1 processor. We attached SRW-1 recorder on to SRPC-1 so we can shoot f35 on shoulder because f35 with SRW-1 is so heavy. When the connections and setups are done and when I pressed REC on f35 SRW-1 didn't record it self. Why is that? Did I miss something or is it possible? Manual said I have to hold rec and press play on srw-1 to start record. Is there any way to synchronized recording? Manual for pmw f3 says it is possible to feed REC trigger signal via HD SDI (single or dual link) to SRW-1 + SRPC-1. Synchronized record didn't work on both f35 and f3. Please some one help me. We have to shoot that way very soon. Please!

My connections from camera to recorder are:

F35 > HD-SDI (AB) > SRPC-1 > SRW-1

PMW F3 > HD-SDI (AB) > SRPC-1 > SRW-1.

Curious to see if you found a solution.