My Cinematography Showreel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hi, Unfortunately I was not offered an interview. I don't know the reasons why I wasn't offered an interview, and they say that they won't give me any feedback. How did your interview go, have you heard about the selection workshop yet?

Did you have any contacts at the NFTS or any prior connection before the application process?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian,

i had no connections. I had applied last year as a 'late applicant' with a rough cut of my grad film. Went for interview but wasn't really ready for it. Interview went well this year though so fingers crossed. They told me they had over 300 applicants and only had 30 interviews.

To be honest it seems to be no judgement on your work per se, they seemed really keen on this idea of having a diverse range of students - wahtever that means.

Should hear back next week about workshop stage - just hoping I get puled through on a 'token scot' card!

I think your reel was more impressive than mine looking at it so no idea what the thinking is. Best of luck with everything!

• Premium Member

I wish you best of luck Steven, I hope you get in. Thanks, that is kind of you to say that about my work. I am going to try set up a meeting at the NFTS to have a discussion with the head of cinematography to discuss my application for next year, they don't seem to want to give feedback, I can understand with the numbers involved.

I am going to continue working freelance and hopefully move down to London later this year or early next year. I would be glad meet you and to work with you at some point. Let me know how the rest of the process goes for you.

Best,

Ian

• 2 months later...