lenses with red one: need knowledge

am going to use Angenieux Zoom (HP 25-250)with red one, i didn't used it before please share good or bad experiences with me.

in case of red one give me a comparison between Cooke Zoom MkII (25mm-250mm) and Angenieux Zoom (25mm-250mm)

since am the first time red one user i need to share the knowledge about red prime lenses.

begging help from my learned friends.

please help me...

I have never used on Red but have on film cameras .Both are good zooms as long as you stop down to about T5.6 +

dear sir i just cant get your suggestion. should i go T5.6 and higher?

sir can you please tell me what are the issues comes out with changing f stops to both of these zooms?

with regards

debal banerjee

The optical qualities improve when you stop them down, they're not so good wide open. It's something more noticeable with older lenses.

I suspect those older zooms may not entirely cover the Super 35 frame and you may have vignetting issues. I'd certainly check this with the lens you're planning to use.

Both lenses will not vignette on S35 and not on the Red One. The Angenieux is softer in focus and does milk more in backlight situtation than the Cooke. Also it is not as contrasty. An older zomm like those two are very heavy workhorses and need to be stopped down as mentioned before. Wide open I would not recommend using them or you taste is soft focus which might be a good reason for use. Make sure you will have a lens rod support. Both will not easily match with modern prime lenses without a good amount of sharpening in post with all the known disadvantages.