Need help

Mital Patel

Hey guys,

This is mak from india. i know am really very much like new born baby for cinematography but doing interior still shoot for 7 years now for hotels.

planning to step into promos for hotels in video and decide on 7d as i am doing good with my friends canon 7d, 1dmk iv with 500 and 300 prime for my wildlife hobby and found really good.

mean time i buy my canon 7d for video's i was trying my hands on my own d300s and wish to take an advice on what to set as picture control as each one giving different noise level ..

do anyone here can guide ?

right now i set up like

sharpness = 4

Contrast = middle

Brightness = 0

saturation = 0

hue = 0

any more setup guidance ?

i see lots of noise in video. i am going to try tomorrow and post a sample mean time if anyone can guide it would be really helpful for me.

regards

Mak

Your ISO is what directly effects the noise of your image. What ISO are you shooting at? I've found that anything shot over 640 ISO begins to have noticeable noise.

As for picture styles, I use Faithful, others use Natural. I think either one is fine, depending on personal preference.

Thanks Nathan,

I'll sure try with that picture style and check. but what i saw is using such style opens up shadows with Nikon and that take along noise as well. is this true or i am doing something wrong ?

Thanks Nathan,

I'll sure try with that picture style and check. but what i saw is using such style opens up shadows with Nikon and that take along noise as well. is this true or i am doing something wrong ?

My apologies, I misinterpreted your post. I use the Canon 7D, but I haven't used Nikons before. I still recommend checking your ISO settings, not the picture style.