Does anyone have any experience with FloLights?

Hi

I'm looking to pick up some fluorescent lights and I'm thinking about getting these

http://www.flolight.com/fluorescent-lighting/3-point-lighting-kit-with-wireless-dimming-880w-4000w-hotlight-equiv.html

On paper they seem pretty good and was just wondering if anyone has had any hands on experience working with them and if so what set ups and types of environments have you used them in, also what's the build quality like, they seem to be built of a high standard. I going to be using them for studio (green screen and some photography) and location work mainly music videos, but possibly some advertising. These are not going to be my only source of light, but they do seem like they could be very versatile.

Thanks. Tom

Hey Tom!

To be honest i have never had chance to work with professional FloLights Kits like those. But I am starting to build my own CFL kit with softboxes, since they are reasonably affordable and deliver good quality of light. Those are used commonly in video production, require low power, don't generate heat, and come with different color temperature for the choice.

Of course they won't be the only source of light, but they really do a great job specially on the video production, i have heard they are used in film production too, just few minutes ago the DOP from the film Biutiful share his experience in the film and what he did for some scene, he mentioned flolights as well.

I am using them for Photography and short film production.