Need 16 S/B part(s)

Sean McHenry

Hi all. Convert from Bolex Rex to Arri 16 S/B here. I just bought a seemingly decent S/B from an eBay deal. All seems good so far at what seems a decent price including the S/B body, a Cine60 belt, a 400' mag with Torque Motor. The belt has the built in charger and seems to be holding a charge and the camera and torque motor sound good so far. Also came with a slightly fungused (yeah, probably not a real verb) 12-240 B type. What I am looking for however is a missing part, well, two really. I am hoping someone on the lists here has these lying about...

Missing: looking for the body top cover plate. It came with the 400' Mag but there was no top cover plate for when you want to run 100' daylight spools.

Missing: Core adapter for the take up reel in the 400' mag.

Now the core adapters I have seen on eBay (for ridiculous amounts at times) so I can likely find one there eventually but the top hatch? How can anyone loose that? I mean I can see how you could physically loose one but really, it's sort of vital in one's kit I should think. So there you have it. If anyone has these guys for a reasonable price, I'm listening.

You can contact me direct for faster response here if you like: McHenryProj@yahoo.com

Thanks all. The sick lens is going to be attempted to repair by any one of the shops I have contacted and the camera and mag will likely go in for a tuneup as well. Looking forward to using the critter.

PS, before you scoff too loudly at the 12-240, have you seen this?

http://www.cinema5d.com/news/?p=6342

Sean

Yikes. I paid just over $600 for the whole kit listed above. I guess it's what the market bares? Still, I was thinking like $5o or so, this is 1/10 of what I paid for everything else. I think I may make one myself for my test roll but if I have to go that high I guess I will to to make the kit whole again. I still can't believe someone lost that piece. What bugs me most is that someone probably tossed the original one that came with this camera out not knowing what it was when it was rediscovered. Sad.

Thanks Glenn for finding that on eBay though. I had been looking but I didn't word the search correctly I guess. I had been searching for Arri or "Arriflex parts".

s.

• Premium Member
Also came with a slightly fungused (yeah, probably not a real verb) 12-240 B type.

I'd pitch that lens, or if you do keep it, keep it far away from the rest of the camera. Problem with that fungus is that it can spread to other optical surfaces (of which the Arriflex 16S has quite a few).

Those magazine port covers are quite expensive, and rather difficult to find these days. They were quite expensive when new even. Keep looking on eBay, but I doubt you will find one for $50.

You got your camera for $600, which seems like a good deal, but to have it fully serviced so it makes great images could run you that price again, and maybe more.

There is really no way to do motion picture film "cheaply" unfortunately. The initial price of the camera pales when compared to costs of film, processing, and telecine.

They are alot of fun though. Best of luck with it.

Best,

-Tim