Kinor

Chris Lange

Hello,

I have acquired a Kinor that has been rebuilt to be 2-perf. It has worked on a feature film well in this capacity; however, It is now "out-of-phase".

Can anyone recommend a repair technician in the US?

Thanks,

Chris

Hello,

I have acquired a Kinor that has been rebuilt to be 2-perf. It has worked on a feature film well in this capacity; however, It is now "out-of-phase".

Thanks,

Chris

Try Bernie at Super 16 Inc in NY.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris, Where did you get the camera, I am having mine converted by bruce at aranda, but some of the conversions were early conversions, and prone ti issues especially the motors, if you know the history of where the motor was converted, it would help. There were early converisons by alex in the UK, and some conversions done in Russia, and of coarse Bruce at Aranda. So knowing where the camera was converted will help. However the russians are no longer doing conversions, though you still may get some service, and alex is unfortunately...so the ony option these days is Bruce....he can rebuild the motor, with new electronics, and then you have a motor that is still can be serviced....

Victor

quote name='Chris Lange' timestamp='1312383887' post='355645']

Hello,

Thanks,

Chris

Hello,

Thanks,

Chris

Chris you should try Anatoly from Slow Motion Inc...they're in LA. Anatoly was the guy that created the kinoflex...i'm sure he can fix any problem on your kinor.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

what do you mean by out of phase?

that the shutter is not synced correctly with the filmtransport => the picture is vertically more or less smeared?

In this case the motor drive belt has slipped, and mirror and film transport got out of sync, or better are not aligned correctly.

This is apparently a common problem with the kinor, and the camera should be regularly checked if this is ok.

I think it should be easy to fix.

http://konvas.org/how-to/disassembling-the-kinor-35h-35mm-motion-picture-camera.html

this link could help

daniel

Edited by daniel mahlknecht

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hi,

what do you mean by out of phase?

that the shutter is not synced correctly with the filmtransport => the picture is vertically more or less smeared?

I think it should be easy to fix.

http://konvas.org/how-to/disassembling-the-kinor-35h-35mm-motion-picture-camera.html

daniel

Daniel's correct, if the shutter is out of time with the transport it is not hard to correct yourself. If you're on the eastern part of the US try Bernie if you don't want to do it yourself. Here in LA I much prefer Richard at Cinema Engineering for service http://www.cinema-engineering.com/