H8 spindle Adapter

andrew parrish

Hi All,

I read the earlier thread about an adapter that allows h16 spools to be used on a h8.I've fired off a few email to no avail. If someone can provide me with an example or knows were I can buy some, I can get a few copies machined. ( I would rather just buy them, if possible-machining is a hassle)

Cheers,

AP

• Premium Member

Hi All,

I read the earlier thread about an adapter that allows h16 spools to be used on a h8.I've fired off a few email to no avail. If someone can provide me with an example or knows were I can buy some, I can get a few copies machined. ( I would rather just buy them, if possible-machining is a hassle)

Cheers,

AP

There used to be a guy who made those many years ago, I guess he has stopped. If you don't find anything in the next couple of weeks, let me know.

Best,

-Tim

There used to be a guy who made those many years ago, I guess he has stopped. If you don't find anything in the next couple of weeks, let me know.

Best,

-Tim

Thanks Tim, if I strike out on an open market source, I'll get back to you.

Ap

'

Andrew,

I just ordered a H8 round to square spindle adapter for my UltraPan8 Bolex from Jaakko <jpkurhi@att.net> of www.jkcamera.com. Apparently this is a stock item, i.e. pair of H8 spindle adapter(s) at $22.50 + S/H $8 = $30.50 US (Total Cost).

Thanks Nicholas

Andrew,

I just ordered a H8 round to square spindle adapter for my UltraPan8 Bolex from Jaakko <jpkurhi@att.net> of www.jkcamera.com. Apparently this is a stock item, i.e. pair of H8 spindle adapter(s) at $22.50 + S/H $8 = $30.50 US (Total Cost).

• 8 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 9:20 PM, Niels Østergaard Munk said:

Thanks. I wrote to Chambless Cine Equipment, and he had them.

Hey, I just wrote him yesterday but he sold his last pair to the Netherlands. Are there any other sources out there for those adaptors?

I'm kinda desperate here so i would be open to any idea, even "unoffical" fixes that dot damage the camera.

kindest regards

Mitch