Storing 6 x 6 and 12 x 12 rags

David Ross

Hello: I recently purchased a used 6x6 and 12 x12 butterfly set. Before i purchased the sets I carefully inspected the rags and found them to be in great shape. All the rags were nicely folded and placed in a single large orange cloth bag with pull spring. I did notice the rags had a slight musty smell. This was not really offensive but started me wondering how best to store the two sets. My equipment is stored inside ( out of the elements) in my warehouse and is only taken out when the package goes out. Again what is the best way to store the various cloths.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Best Regards

David

rags should be stored in their own individual bag to prevent one from getting dirty or damaged as digging through a single bag can get one dumped onto dirty floors or torn. also they can be stored on set next to the frame ready to be strung up, or quickly repackaged after wrap.

I like storing them , bagged in a tupperware bin that is ventilated, you can also add a silca gel pack to help prevent moisture damage.

• 2 weeks later...

All the rags on my truck are stored individually in drawstrings bags. After they come back from a shoot I hang them fully spread out in the studio to make sure they are clean and completely dry before bagging them again. I do fold them, and for long storage I slip in a small silicon pack. 60% of my rags are 15 years old and still going strong.

• 2 months later...