Mir 24n lens - is my nikon to canon adapter too cheap?

Niall Conroy

Hello all!

Hope this is the best place to post this( was considering the Lens section too, but ill try here first?)

So, i finally bought a Mir 24n - It had been on my wishlist for awhile. It came with both an m42 and nikon mount - however the m42 mount wouldn't work with my current m42 adapter. So i decided to buy a nikon to canon mount just for the Mir.

So far, i'm a little underwhelmed - doing upclose stuff seems pretty OK, but once I go wide it seems to under perform. And i'm starting to wonder if its just a weak connection to the camera and the nikon to canon mount is just really poor quality? thus not allowing me to get the full benifits of this lens?

When the Mir is connected to the adapter and put on the canon (60D) it feels slightly loose and not FULLY connected. I also have a Helios 44m4 with another cheap m42 adapter - but it works amazingly (feels secure and firmly connected to the camera), and is easily the best lens I have in my collection. So i'm a little confused about the whole situation...

anyone have any experience or ideas about this situation?

Many thanks

also - for those not familiar with the lens, heres an example of what its capable of:

http://vimeo.com/13866779