Arri 16bl for sale

David Sweetman

I've tried to sell this camera before but always seemed to find a project for it right when I was about to sell. Well, now I've gotten married, and I have both no time for movies, and no money for rent.

Since this time I need to sell no matter what, I put it on eBay, where it's available for bidding at http://www.ebay.com/itm/170691080751?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1377

If you're LA local, feel free to come by and take a look at the camera. Email me at davidsweetman [at] live.com.

-Dave

Edited by David Sweetman

Guest Andy Jarosz

Hi David!

Would you be open to offering any discount for a youngster/student looking to shoot some stuff with 16?

Best,

Andy Jarosz

Chicago, IL

• Premium Member

I've tried to sell this camera before but always seemed to find a project for it right when I was about to sell. Well, now I've gotten married, and I have both no time for movies, and no money for rent.

Since this time I need to sell no matter what, I put it on eBay, where it's available for bidding at http://www.ebay.com/itm/170691080751?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1377

If you're LA local, feel free to come by and take a look at the camera. Email me at davidsweetman [at] live.com.

-Dave

David,

In the first picture on your eBay auction, it shows a Tobin Crystal motor control for the Arriflex 16BL, sitting on top of what looks like it's cardboard box from Tobin. That picture also has been around on eBay for some time. Is that not an actual picture of the camera? You mention in the auction that the camera does not have a crystal motor. What's up?

Best,

-Tim

Hi Tim, the picture is of the actual camera. It's from the last time I tried to sell the camera, before I had ever gotten around to installing the TXM-27 tobin crystal sync unit. Since then, the camera didn't sell and a music video project came up, and we ended up shooting most of it at 48fps, so I installed the tobin unit, but it ended up being real finicky. The camera would randomly stop working if I started and stopped the camera rapidly, say if I was checking the loop. Then the camera would then refuse to turn on until I took out the TXM and re-installed the original unit, and after a while I could put the TXM back in and continue shooting at 48fps, I just found out that I had to be careful to let the camera reach speed every time I ran it, even if I was just checking the loop. So I decided that it would be better to list the camera without the crystal sync and not explain all that, than to list it with the crystal sync and have to explain that part of the package didn't seem to function as it was supposed to.

I should have taken a new picture for the new auction, but didn't have access to a digital camera until recently, and honestly I wanted to try to sell in time to get my wife a new macbook for her birthday in September.

Ebay won't let me add them within 12 hours of an auction's close, but here are some new photos:

2ludjyu.jpg

14wvdrt.jpg