HVX 200 Random Frame Rate Problem

mabou

Hi all,

I've been shooting with my HVX 200 for three years.

I recently shot a two day event, shooting 269 clips to P2 Cards.

In reviewing the footage today, I have found a problem that renders some of the footage unusable. Although I was ONLY shooting 29.97 DVCPRO HD, 13 of the clips have irregular frame rates ranging from 7.99 fps to 27.97 fps.

To be exact, the clip frame rates are as follows: 7.99fps x 1 clip, 9.99fps x 2, 11.99fps x 1, 23.98fps x 4, 24.98fps x 4, 27.97fps x 1.

I took a look at the quicktime footage of the original clips and sure enough, the frame rates are locked at the lower numbers and the audio is out of sync.

I used FCP studio on my notebook, with a G-Safe 2TB external drive. Might not be a coincidence that this is the first time I have used this hardware/software configuration and this is the first time I've seen this problem.

The interesting/annoying thing is that the clips had problems very randomly. For example, One clip is fine, the next clip is bad, the next clip is fine... all three clips shot within seconds of each other at the same location with the same setup.

Anyone else seeing this kind of issue?

• Premium Member

Hi,

This is a real name forum, please change user name to your real name.

Thanks Stephen

Hi all,

I've been shooting with my HVX 200 for three years.

I recently shot a two day event, shooting 269 clips to P2 Cards.

In reviewing the footage today, I have found a problem that renders some of the footage unusable. Although I was ONLY shooting 29.97 DVCPRO HD, 13 of the clips have irregular frame rates ranging from 7.99 fps to 27.97 fps.

To be exact, the clip frame rates are as follows: 7.99fps x 1 clip, 9.99fps x 2, 11.99fps x 1, 23.98fps x 4, 24.98fps x 4, 27.97fps x 1.

I took a look at the quicktime footage of the original clips and sure enough, the frame rates are locked at the lower numbers and the audio is out of sync.

I used FCP studio on my notebook, with a G-Safe 2TB external drive. Might not be a coincidence that this is the first time I have used this hardware/software configuration and this is the first time I've seen this problem.

The interesting/annoying thing is that the clips had problems very randomly. For example, One clip is fine, the next clip is bad, the next clip is fine... all three clips shot within seconds of each other at the same location with the same setup.

Anyone else seeing this kind of issue?