Aerial Camera / Helicam Question - Advice Needed

Guest Sandy Kahn

Guest Sandy Kahn

I'm doing some research for a production company who's looking for an aerial camera / helicam that can safely fly and shoot indoors, inside a huge church in Europe.

What is the current industry standard and what are the latest model helicams that any of you can recommend for an indoor shoot like this?

I'd be beyond grateful for any advice at all that you can give to me regarding this... Thank you!

The two main players are Hoverfly and Mikrokopter.

Can you specify what sort of camera you are using/wanting to use?

Are you wanting to buy or rent?

I've just gone thru the process of getting one built for my production company, hope you're a RC nerd/know of one because the learning curve is STEEP.

Guest Sandy Kahn

The two main players are Hoverfly and Mikrokopter.

Can you specify what sort of camera you are using/wanting to use?

Are you wanting to buy or rent?

I've just gone thru the process of getting one built for my production company, hope you're a RC nerd/know of one because the learning curve is STEEP.

Hi Ian,

Thanks so much for getting back to me about this! I forwarded your reply (along with the link to your website) on to the director, as at this point I'm not sure if he's planning on buying or renting, or exactly what sort of camera he wants to use for this shoot. As soon as I have the answers to these questions I'll be back in touch with you. P.S. I'm also very grateful for the head's up about the steep learning curve!

All the best,

Sandy

No worries.

feel free to direct message me if you want to continue correspondence via email?

Without wanting to direct traffic away from this forum there are AP specific forums that probably will be more suited to your needs.

As I said the learning curve is steep.

One thing to bear in mind is payloads. We have one of the biggest multirotors on the market, an 8 rotor monster and it has an effective payload of around 2kgs.

Also to date there is no known gimbal camera mount that will support a rod mount system for things like remote follow focus etc.

Just out of interest what part of Europe are you based in? In my initial research into these craft I found a company in Finland using a craft similar to mine.

Another thing to keep in mind is that all the footage you may have seen online that looks silky smooth has been heavily stabilized in post.

Best of luck, keep in touch

I'm doing some research for a production company who's looking for an aerial camera / helicam that can safely fly and shoot indoors, inside a huge church in Europe.

What is the current industry standard and what are the latest model helicams that any of you can recommend for an indoor shoot like this?

I'd be beyond grateful for any advice at all that you can give to me regarding this... Thank you!

Hi sandy my name is Tony and i have 3 heli cames for rent with flyer pleas call my cell and we can talk more and thanks tony you can reach me at 323-717-5775 or my e mail is awphoto67@yahoo.com and you can see my helicopter at my facebook page search me under awcinema