DSLR Cinematography and Cinematic Looks

Arun Vashist

Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum and interested in DSLR Cinematography, hope to learn lot of stuff here.

I would like to share my latest video which contains few of footages from my short movie project, right now my problem is getting that cinematic looks that really makes the video show worthy, color correction and noise reduction etc. I would also like to know about using right gears and post processing softwares.

I have Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm Kit Lense, 50mm 1.8 and Sigma 70-300 APO, following is the Video. Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

thanks,

Arun Vashist

Edited by Arun Vashist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest ramesh bhatnagar

Good Work. can you help me about dslr. what is your experience with Nikon d 3100 working with this camera. how is this dslr for film making. what about focusing and ASA for night shoot ? do you blow up for theater print? pls reply as soon as because im willing to buy this Nikon d 3100 for film shoot. thanks

my cell no is 8976513071 from mumbai

Edited by ramesh bhatnagar

• 3 months later...

Hi Ramesh,

Nikon D3100 is a great budget camera, low light performance is OK, Auto focus hardly work in movie mode or you can say its very slow. I have tried this HD Ready (720p) version on 60" Projection and result were great, never get a chance to check it at Theater, in theaters 2k print runs very well so a Full HD version with this camera will be usable at theater.

thanks,

Arun Vashist