Industrie vet arressted for insustrial espioange. RED sues ARRI.

jan von krogh

• Premium Member

And here is another (humble)

related to some current project we 'the gang' are workin' on (work in progress, private link for inner consumption not exactly to the world yet :-) shot in NZ (1st and 3rd parts), 2nd one in Crna Gora, Montenegro (ex-YU) in native language, shot on Canon 5DMkII, a digital camera but not exactly a RED camera, not only but also for matters of budget.

Sorry, you own two REDs, but you're shooting on a 5D?

So, what are your REDs doing that's taking up so much of their time?

Sorry, you own two REDs, but you're shooting on a 5D?

So, what are your REDs doing that's taking up so much of their time?

For your information, our group has access to more than two RED cameras in grand total (we are several people to own or share more than a RED unit) now with more four coming soon. For distinct kind of work such as training programs, music concerts, etc. But that started to be shot in NZ. This would mean something in terms of budget, crew, permits to shoot and so on. Moreover, someone would start to do it on a smaller 5DMkII once aside the size factor, we also have different levels of patience, being me one of the most patience ones ;-) As we already know since that infamous night with more one of Jim's price announcements, we don't think for the same head. To a few, Jim is only giving us BS, vaporware, the like. To others where I am included myself, Jim is only doing his best but NOT exactly in a negative way. Sometimes, they can even think if you Keith are the perfect joker :-) (did I ever tell you 'Jim Murdoch' was used to be one of their heroes? Go check and see the gang's posts and you get an accurate extension of the gang's multiple personality disorder :-D) Emanuel is more or less accurate good part of the time with his predictions where our plans fit. You can fairly guess, I have a bunch of them everyday asking 'when do the cameras come?', 'how much more will a fully workable RED cost?'...

For a matter of aesthetical coherence, we are thinking to shoot the Montenegrin part with one of 5DMkII we also have and use. Plus, using the GH1/2 we're used to see in training programs in the hands of trainees too, wherever the hacked GH series tops. But if the Epic/Scarlet units will arrive first, we'll use them for sure. Nothing at our level beats a RED camera for wide shots.