'Charlie's Angels' Crew Member Fired After Slapping Minka Kelly's Butt

Brian Dzyak

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00043865.html

Minka Kelly has become a victim of a sexual harassment on the set of "Charlie's Angels". Doing the unflattering action was none other than one crew member of the new ABC series who has now been fired by the network's executives.

An insider detailed to Star Magazine that the staffer came up behind Kelly and slapped her rear end while holding a $100 bill on August 23. The 31-year-old beauty was reportedly "shocked and absolutely irate" and "was still fuming about it hours later."

The crew member was said to be trying to apologize to Kelly the next day, but she slapped him in the face. The insider went on noting that the crew's action "seems like it was meant to be a joke, but clearly it was inappropriate."

However, other sources connected to the production told another version of Kelly's response. To TMZ, the sources said the "Friday Night Lights" alum reacted to the butt-slapping by telling him, "Please don't ever disrespect me or any other woman like that again."

The man was banned from the set before being subsequently fired after some witnesses reported the case to ABC's bosses, but Kelly had nothing to do with the network's decision. The actress, who will portray street racer Eve French on the remake version of the 1970s hit TV series, was allegedly upset that the man lost his job.

The sources added that the incident was not the first time for the staffer since he had done it to other women before.

Seriously, what professional in any level of experience to get himself hired onto a network show would do something this stupid? Everyone knows that Actors and Directors and Producers are like Aristocracy. Crew speaks to them only when spoken to and never ever thinks about touching them in any way on set. The whole thing sounds fishy to me. <_<

What was the hundred dollars for? A hundred dollars? She probably makes that much money in less time than the person took to inappropriately slap her.

She probably made a few thousands from the publicity from the butt slapping alone.

But what a ridiculous thing to do, it sounds like a bet gone wrong or something. I wonder what department the guy was from as well.

Yea, as if anyone would be silly enough to do this. I was falsely accused of something fairly similar years ago. At an adult re-entry high school, a girl had claimed that I pinched her bum. There was no way that I could have done this considering the fact that I had never even seen this girl before. She seemed quite angry at me, calling me harsh words.

Yea, as if anyone would be silly enough to do this. I was falsely accused of something fairly similar years ago. At an adult re-entry high school, a girl had claimed that I pinched her bum. There was no way that I could have done this considering the fact that I had never even seen this girl before. She seemed quite angry at me, calling me harsh words.

I think you had a devious look-a-like that must have known this.

What was the hundred dollars for? A hundred dollars? She probably makes that much money in less time than the person took to inappropriately slap her.

heh heh! Yeah like when I used to live in London and some sleazy guy approaches me in the street and offers me £10 for sex! I pointed him in the direction of the Sainsburys supermarket and suggested he might be able to buy himself a couple of sandwiches for his money. Poor fellow could hardly speak English so I guess he must have thought that £10 was a lot of cash!

No idea what that crew member was thinking tho, and it's really insulting to all the struggling crew people who would love an opportunity like that (to work on a network show I mean!) and who could do the job properly and with respect for everybody. Maybe he was thinking "I'm so and so's nephew, so I can do what I like" or is that just a UK thing?

love

Freya

The crew member was said to be trying to apologize to Kelly the next day, but she slapped him in the face. The insider went on noting that the crew's action "seems like it was meant to be a joke, but clearly it was inappropriate."

However, other sources connected to the production told another version of Kelly's response. To TMZ, the sources said the "Friday Night Lights" alum reacted to the butt-slapping by telling him, "Please don't ever disrespect me or any other woman like that again."

Have to say, either sounds good to me, preferably both in fact.

Actually I think she should have given him a Charlie's Angels high kick right in the...

;)