fuji 250t eterna scanned @ 2k

Hey Guys I just shot a trailer for our short A Song Of Praise. The film will be featured on many european filmfestivals and the film will be online on a special dedicated online cinema site.

Would love to hear what you think about this trailer, which is actually new footage consisting of close ups. the film itself is hot very wide in one camera movement on vision3 500t 35mm film pushed 2 stops.

http://vimeo.com/29149507

Read more: http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=53343#ixzz1aCTlR5B6

• 1 month later...

Chris!, the trailer was shot outside in the shade. We had a very small budget... Because we shot on Fuji vivid 160t and on 50 fps and some of the shots even 75 I needed some light.

So the shade and some negative fills etc gave me the right. Amount of fill the rest is done with a 2500 him and a 1200 both to a big frame I think half wd for the fill with the 1200 some rim key with the 2500 through full wd.

I had a 575 for some bouncing off gold reflectors I used a lot of red on the fill to control the contrast in the post with a red curve.. the backdrop was really bad because it needed to be big because I flagged some skylight off and make sure that it was about two stops darker dan de black clothes. In the end I extracted the shadows to alpha parked them and blended them with a grey gradient. The film was 2/3 d stop over @ the key.. I didn't wanted to overexpose more because I like a snowy grain. Just enough to lift the shadows out of the feet of the film. I just don't like the way some s16 shooters overdose too much I like strong highlights... Everything was shot on a cannon 9-64mm and my own Claire acl. The film was scanned to 2k.. greets jeroen