Lee Utterbach closing shop?

• Premium Member

That was quite a while ago. I looked at the Arri stuff he had for sale, but it was all too new for me. I collect the early ones.

-- J.S.

To be honest, I never liked the guy much. He had a similar sale in the mid 90s, and I was there with a friend looking at a BLIII. I'll never forget Lee calling me and my friend "investors", and then telling us "You understand that your camera, if you buy it, isn't always going to be here when you want it, nor all the parts that go with it.... you understand that sometimes we may have to rent bits and pieces of it here and there. You understand... blah blah blah..."

Well, I know I'm not endearing myself to anyone who knew or liked the guy, (hell, I'll never work up here again), but he never struck me as really liking film so much as being part of the industry itself so he could show off. Just me.

• Premium Member

I actually thought he was very nice. He helped me out of major jam at school when I couldn't rent anything. Lee hooked me up and let me rent one of his cameras extremely cheap for the weekend, it's something he didn't normally do without insurance.

• Premium Member

I actually thought he was very nice. He helped me out of major jam at school when I couldn't rent anything. Lee hooked me up and let me rent one of his cameras extremely cheap for the weekend, it's something he didn't normally do without insurance.

Believe it or not, I was a student too. But it didn't matter how young I was, he saw dollar signs in me when I said I was interested in purchasing a camera.

• 2 weeks later...