fuji eterna 500t / 2k scan on vimeo!

While i lighted everything up with practicals and tungsten lights i got an incidental meeting at my key light of -2.8 and a half- i opened my lens full at t2.4 but i used a lot of cts gels and some cto on some lights so my blue awfully clipped in the blue shadows...

I would like to know at what speed people mostly rate the 320 when the shoot with tungsten.

Check out the password protected film on vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/32099398

password: hb

While i lighted everything up with practicals and tungsten lights i got an incidental meeting at my key light of -2.8 and a half- i opened my lens full at t2.4 but i used a lot of cts gels and some cto on some lights so my blue awfully clipped in the blue shadows...

I would like to know at what speed people mostly rate the 320 when the shoot with tungsten.

Check out the password protected film on vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/32099398

password: hb

I would rate the film, one stop over at about 250. why do you call it 320? it is super 16, no?

the grain wasn't that bad, it is there but not too much so. My monitor accentuates grain a bit, so it is hard to really say. if you don't like it, you can very easily "scrub" out the grain with any number of software tools. I use Neat Video and it works wonders. It is intended for video, but works very will with film material as well. There are many other tools, daVinci Resolve has fantastic grain reduction. I should say, on my monitor, I didn't see much noise in the blue at all, but that is my monitor. What kind of scanner was it scanned on? Some are noisier than others.

the grain wasn't that bad, it is there but not too much so. My monitor accentuates grain a bit, so it is hard to really say. if you don't like it, you can very easily "scrub" out the grain with any number of software tools. I use Neat Video and it works wonders. It is intended for video, but works very will with film material as well. There are many other tools, daVinci Resolve has fantastic grain reduction. I should say, on my monitor, I didn't see much noise in the blue at all, but that is my monitor. What kind of scanner was it scanned on? Some are noisier than others.

It was scanned on a arriscan at a resolution of 1920*1180 (a bit height is a bit higher because s16 is more closer to 16:10) , its just that vimeo or youtube or whatever will never do any good to film, because of the compression, especially keyframing. I tend to extract the shadows of the film, while they are ok to be a bit unsharp while they dont display any details and unsharp them.. i will post my results later on..

Just a question in order to learn,,,nothing against the filming.

Why is the hair/rim light green? Was that intentional or a product of artifacts?

Bad green screen key out.. I guess the main problem is that the green screen bounced back too much, can be seen on the first guitarist/lead singer. Gets worst on the girl, difficult to key out because she has curly hair (requires more details)

What was your post process?

Bad green screen key out.. I guess the main problem is that the green screen bounced back too much, can be seen on the first guitarist/lead singer. Gets worst on the girl, difficult to key out because she has curly hair (requires more details)

What was your post process?

Lol. The green screen was keyed out in 5 min right now all the spill is corrected. The camera movement is tracked in boujou and now being replaced in 3d smaxx. I shot 8 sessions in this project with only runners non professionals and each session was shot in an hour from the moment they arrived.. the self builder master tld on the back of the Windows were covered with full green and nd 0.3. Because it was far to light. About one stop above mid grey... It's now about 1 and a half stop down 19 percent grey. The place we shot was so small that the green screen was 1 meter further away then the Windows. I first had to test how to light it up proper and now everything seems ok.. and about the girl: I should have give her more backlight or put her on a different position. I made a mask with a nice feather. Drained everything keyed parts of the greens out and hue shifted the rest -40.

. You can't barely notice it right now... But I will never make such a **(obscenity removed)** up in the future :)